2/25/09

San Francisco, Part 2

Under the cherry blossoms at the Japan Center.

Would you even guess we were still on US soil? In the rain, the outdoor gardens were sheer poetry.






And I thought I was going to have to wait another couple of months to see the crabapples in bloom again! This was really a surprise bonus, and now I feel like I can wait for spring!

Our smiling girl, setting off for Valencia.
She likes to rub her chin on daddy's shoulder.
I had forgotten how lush San Francisco is. Every plant seems to thrive with vigor and health.
Doesn't she look cute with her little bunny ears hanging down her back?

Outside the Asian art museum. I couldn't get enough of these trees. Aren't they artful?

Basically, QQ enjoys everything...every morning, every adventure, every new experience.

Tee-hee!
We got lucky enough to be there for the Bhutan exhibit. It so happened that it was President's day when we first found ourselves near the museum, and the exhibits were closed. But we came back, and had a wonderful day exploring the exhibits. More on that in another post!

7 comments:

Snowflowers Mum said...

those trees remind me of giant ginger roots!

Vivian M said...

What interesting trees! And how cool to see things blooming, everything here is still covered in snow.
I didn't know you had a street named after you!

Yoli said...

Tell me you bought some of those beautiful white paper lanterns! You ALL look beautiful in these pictures. You are right, it does not feel like you are on American soil. I love the Larkin picture with the other sign reading Truth. So what is the Larkin Truth?

kerri said...

Beatiful blooms, I love the cherry blossoms!
Like Viv said we are still under a wintery blanket...

Heather said...

It looks like a wonderful trip! QQ oozes cuteness!

Julie and Steve said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love San Fran...enjoy the rest of your trip!

Carrie said...

cool pic with the family name on the sign!