9/4/09


Ah, I have finally reached the Woodstock segment of our trip back East.
The imperturbable froggy in my mum's koi pond.

Emma greeting my husband for the first time (the play structure was loaned by a friend for Q's visit).


Q exploring the back gardens.


Q watches as my mum digs in a bag...
...and comes up with an early round of birthday gifts! Needless to say, the basketball rig was a hit. Just look at her entranced face.
My mum's house is a kind of adventurer's paradise, and a good reflection of the way our family has always lived.
She is a wildlife artists and a world traveler, and everything she touches is beautiful.

For as long as I can remember, she has collected antique pen knives, stones (from the earthly to the sublime), and indian fetishes.
She is also an artful gardener.
Feeding fish.

Emma the Australian shepherd.


Even the food is beautiful at my mum's house.
Some of her work.


Studio.

I'm always sad to leave my mum's space. She has a cool and soothing way with spaces.

8 comments:

Stacie said...

aaaahhhhhh.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I am ready to move in with your mum...

sarahthefantastic said...

So glad you got to visit. Your mom is wonderful. You are so lucky, as you know! : ) S.

Michele said...

I had no idea that you grew up in Woodstock. C is from there too. If I had known that you were going to be so close to us, we could have met up somewhere.

Please let us know the next time you are going to be in the area.

Juliette said...

I would be sad to leave this amazing place too.
I love that she gave you her sense of beauty and freedom and you are passing it to QQ through your art and travels.

M@rgriet said...

Can I be a little homesick for a place I haven't been to more than 2 years?

M@rgriet said...

haha, 2 years, haha. I meant to say 20 of course (wish it only were 2 years!!)

chrissie said...

i understand now where you get your uber coolness! your mother is just one unbelievable woman!!!