5/16/09

Echter's Part I, the roses

This is embarrassing...I realize I have so many pictures of this amazing nursery that I'm going to break them into segments, otherwise no one will be able to tolerate me!
So here's the first segment...the rose section. Which was vast and fantastical.
This post is for you, Sarah-the-fantastic ;)



Isn't this just such a beautiful shot of our daughter? Looks like a rare, pensive moment, but actually she had realized that she was going to look particularly good in front of these red roses, and so she backed up against them and posed for me. This is her "gazing pensively off into the distance" pose. She's getting a little to good at this.

4 comments:

lisa said...

I haven't been to Echter's in a few years-ever since I discovered Timberline, with it's focus on natives and staff of professional horticulturalists, it's wonderful. But your photos remind me that Echter's has some things that T lacks. I'll need to stop by again.

Mom-of-Bean said...

I have two beautiful old climbing rose bushes at the front of my house called New Dawn, cream with a hint of pink in the middle and the most intoxicating smell...I'll try to post a picture soon they're budding now...roses are pure beauty aren't they?
QQ is, too...

sarahthefantastic said...

OMGoodness! Our very own post! Thank you!!! We are so much further north that our roses are just putting on some leaves, but the anticipation is there. We have what are known as Explorer roses, built especially for our crazy climate. Can't wait to see them again. Thanks for all the gorgeousness. Elinor Rose Xu YaTing thanks you too. xxoo from the cool but sunny North.

Yoli said...

I have never been to Echter's, what a lovely place! The Q is more camera ready than a model!