3/14/09

And...a monkey suit?

OK, Ok. I know that this is just mommy amusing herself.
But I found this monkey suit for a song at the local resale store...still in its package. It was extra-cheap since it's nowhere near Halloween.
But do you suppose I could put it away in the closet like a normal person, and wait for next fall?
Not a chance.
Given her deep and abiding suspicion for anything resembling a disguise, I thought QQ would de facto reject the monkey suit. Most especially the part that (undeniably) resembles a hat. But oddly enough, she objected to no part of it.
Honestly, I think it was the tail that won her over. It's a proud and spectacular tail. And she really enjoys having a tail.
Besides, even though it's big for her now (the monkey feet didn't even come close to staying on, and I had to roll up the legs) how do I know she won't outgrow it before next Halloween?
Wouldn't want to take that chance. Nope.

9 comments:

Jan said...

And, such a cute little monkey Miss QQ makes!!

A Beautiful Mess said...

you are too funny!

I have to agree with QQ...that tail is fantastic:)

kerri said...

From 2 monkey to another, just adorable!

Vivian M said...

LOL! Love the monkey suit! Playing dress up is one of Kerri's favorite things.
And did you know Kerri was born in the Year of the Monkey?

chrissie said...

Love it! We do the same thing...I just posted a few pictures of H and I in their yard sale finds...I found this great costume with built in muscles...H is freaking out over! He has slept in it twice! :)
I am loving that she is in a hat and not hating it! Maybe just maybe!!!

sarahthefantastic said...

Never apologize for being like you are. We like it so much. Excellent tail and the ears are so elegant. QQ shows her usual good sense in wearing it and if she were a bit older I would suspect it would be the kind of thing she'd insist on wearing daily. Looking forward to that phase too. xoxo...

Yoli said...

Oh how it frames her little face! How cute!!!

Virginia said...

Oh good grief, I don't know if I can handle this much cuteness.

Gin =)

Mamacita said...

OMG! TOO CUTE, Maia! Lina had a tiger suit that she wore all the time. I didn't care. It was warm and fuzzy and adorable! She STILL dresses up as a kitty from time to time.